- Education overview
- Education news
- Distance Learning Course
- Diploma in Clock & Watch Servicing (Level 3)
- Diploma in the Servicing and Repair of Clocks/Watches (Level 4)
- Diploma in the Repair, Restoration and Conservation of Clocks/Watches (Level 5)
- Previous Certificate Qualifications
- A Helping Hand for Students
- Library database
- Contact Us
Pendulum Researches and Improvements
|Catalogue no: 1493|
|Dewey No: 681.1124 L. DEN||Subject(s): Courtenay Ilbert Archive|
|Total pages: 8||Illustrations: 0||Language(s): English||Publication date: 1838|
|Editor:||Publisher: The British Association for the Advancement of Science|
|Dimensions: 165mm x 105mm||Condition: Reasonable, cover dirty and with tears|
|Related titles:||Related library records:
Abstract of Mr Dent's Paper on Pendulums, presented to The British Association for the Advancement of Science at Newcastle-Upon- Tyne, September, MDCCCXXXVIII.
Facts relating to the Effects of Temperature on the Regulators of Timekeepers; and Description of some recent Improvements in Pendulums, with Observations, Delineations, and tabulated Experiments.
The paper is arranged under three headings, as follows;
1. The compound effect of variable temperature upon the regulating machinery of Timekeepers.
2. A description of improvements in Mercurial Pendulums, principally with a view of making them portable.
3. Improvements in the suspension of Pendulums.
|Room location: Library Extension||Cabinet: F||Shelf: 5|
|Search terms: Pendulums|
|Make a research enquiry about this item|