- Education overview
- Education news
- A Date for your Diary
- Distance Learning Course
- Diploma in Clock & Watch Servicing (Level 3)
- Diploma in the Servicing and Repair of Clocks/Watches (Level 4)
- Diploma in the Repair, Restoration and Conservation of Clocks/Watches (Level 5)
- Previous Certificate Qualifications
- A Helping Hand for Students
- Library database
- Contact Us
Journal of a Voyage to The East Indies in the Ship Grenville, Captain Burnet Abercombie, in the year 1775
|Catalogue no: 1481|
|Dewey No:||Subject(s): Courtenay Ilbert Archive|
|Author(s): Alexander Dalrymple|
|Total pages: 29||Illustrations: 0||Language(s): English||Publication date: c.1776|
|Dimensions: 220mm x 170mm||Condition: Good|
|Related titles:||Related library records:
Bound in paper covers.
Consists of a series of pull-out charts detailing such things as latitude and longitude and weather reports.
On p. 390 is a brief paragraph on the method of determining longitude; "The correct longitude from Greenwich deduced from the time-keeper corrected by the sight of lands ..." etc.
|Room location: Library Extension||Cabinet: F||Shelf: 5|
|Search terms: Chronometers, Related Subjects|
|Make a research enquiry about this item|