- Education overview
- Education news
- Distance Learning Course
- Diploma in Clock & Watch Servicing (Level 3)
- Diploma in the Servicing and Repair of Clocks/Watches (Level 4)
- Diploma in the Repair, Restoration and Conservation of Clocks/Watches (Level 5)
- Previous Certificate Qualifications
- A Helping Hand for Students
- Library database
- Contact Us
Greenwich Mean Time
|Catalogue no: 1488|
|Dewey No:||Subject(s): Courtenay Ilbert Archive|
|Total pages: 4||Illustrations: 1||Language(s): English||Publication date: 1872|
|Editor:||Publisher: People's Magazine|
|Dimensions: 270mm x 180mm||Condition: Good|
|Related titles:||Related library records:
Pages extracted from this journal and published separately between paper covers.
Much of the text concerned with the meaning of and differencies between mean and solar time. The need for accuracy of timekeeping in the railway age explained and the various means of distributing time signals. Also the method of determining the correct time at Greenwich by astronomers.
Illustration shows the Old Royal Observatory.
|Room location: Library Extension||Cabinet: F||Shelf: 5|
|Search terms: Horological History|
|Make a research enquiry about this item|