- Education overview
- Education news
- A Date for your Diary
- Distance Learning Course
- Diploma in Clock & Watch Servicing (Level 3)
- Diploma in the Servicing and Repair of Clocks/Watches (Level 4)
- Diploma in the Repair, Restoration and Conservation of Clocks/Watches (Level 5)
- Previous Certificate Qualifications
- A Helping Hand for Students
- Library database
- Contact Us
Decoding Harrison Conference
Date: Saturday, 12 July 2014
Time: 10:00AM - 4:30PM
Dava Sobel, author of Longitude, will be chairing a one-day conference at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, to evaluate Harrison's bold claim about the accuracy and stability of his pendulum clock design.
The conference will be a unique opportunity to hear about and discuss new research made possible by Martin Burgess' 'Clock B'. This clock is a product of collaborative research that has been ongoing for around 40 years. As well as Martin, other speaker include Rory McEvoy, Andrew King, Don Saff, representatives from Charles Frodsham & Co, Jonathan Betts, Mervyn Hobden and Will Andrewes.
Further details and registration information at www.rmg.co.uk/tickets or telelphone 0208 312 6608.