- Education overview
- Education news
- A Date for your Diary
- Distance Learning Course
- Diploma in Clock & Watch Servicing (Level 3)
- Diploma in the Servicing and Repair of Clocks/Watches (Level 4)
- Diploma in the Repair, Restoration and Conservation of Clocks/Watches (Level 5)
- Previous Certificate Qualifications
- A Helping Hand for Students
- Library database
- Contact Us
English Lever Pocket Watches Repair and Maintenance
Dates:Monday, 29 September 2014 - Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Tutor:Paul Shrouder FBHI
A two day course for the amateur watchmaker seeking to improve his/her abilities. The course will cover, method of dismantling, bushing, cleaning, checking for and correcting faults in the gearing and balance wheel, replacement of roller pins, adjustment of balance springs, polishing pivots and re-pivoting, removing and replacing mainsprings.
Students should bring their own watches to work on as well as their own tools and equipment. Adequate magnification and visual aids are essential.