|Catalogue no: 1264
||Subject(s): Courtenay Ilbert Archive
|Author(s): H. Marryat, M.I.E.E., M.I.Mech.E.
|Total pages: 6
||Publication date: Nov., 1939
||Publisher: The Connoisseur
|Dimensions: 300mm x 230mm
||Related library records:
The author concentrates entirely on 17th century English and Continental watches with one exception of 1597. There is relatively little technical content, the article being focused on decorative details.
There are a few annotations in pencil by Ilbert.
Illustrated with the following photographs:
1. Dial of a South German watch, mid 17th century, with alarm
2. Underside of copper gilt case of same watch
3. Mid 17th century Augsburg made watch with alarm
4. Side view of iron movement of same watch
5. Back of copper-gilt watch case signed Jaques Bulke
|Room location: Library Extension
|Search terms: Antique Watches
|Make a research enquiry about this item