Time and Time Again
|Catalogue no: 1295
||Subject(s): Courtenay Ilbert Archive
|Author(s): Bob Bell
|Total pages: 1
||Publication date: Apr. 28th, 1948
||Publisher: Nashville Tennessean Magazine
|Dimensions: 380mm x 320mm
||Related library records:
A brief article on the watch collection of Mr L.D.Stallcup, first Secretary of the NAWCC. Describes his passion for collecting watches and recasing discarded movements in "lucite" cases.
Photographs as follows;
1. Photograph of L.D.Stallcup holding a "king size" watch built for display purposes with a tray of pocket watches in front.
2. A Nurenberg "Egg" watch of 1550 (probably later)
3. German Coach watch, probably late 16th century
4. Decorative movement ofa Swiss watch made for the Chinese market
5. 19th century Continental watch with two dials
6. Swiss watch with visible "pendulum"
|Room location: Library Extension
|Make a research enquiry about this item